- Versatile design will make for an attractive screen or fence for the garden
- Made from natural hazel which means it is eco-friendly and will ensure durability
- Hazel fence is coppiced - will ensure flexibility and uniform thickness
- 1.82m x 1.82m (6ft x 6ft)
- Available in: 1.82m (6ft) / 1.5m (5ft) / 1.37m (4ft6in) / 1.2m (4ft) / 0.9m (3ft)
model number: AHGRD004754
Part Number: GS0024X
Details: Premium Hazel Hurdles Fencing Panel 1.82m x 1.82m (6ft x 6ft) - By Papillon - 1 Year Warranty
Woven from coppiced hazel to a traditional pattern, this beautiful, robust and eco-friendly hazel fence panel will make a perfect practical addition to your garden. Bring a part of the countryside to your very own garden with this hazel fence panel, which will not only be ideal for the traditional English country garden but also provide gardeners in the 21st century with the opportunity to create a natural look for modern urban spaces.
- Versatile design will make for an attractive screen or fence for the garden - Made from natural hazel which means it is eco-friendly and will ensure durability - Hazel fence is coppiced - will ensure flexibility and uniform thickness
- Extra large W 180cm H 180cm (6ft)
The hazel horizontals are large, appearing more like 'branches' of a tree, generally from 1 to 2cm thick giving a more sturdy and robust feel to your fencing. They have been strongly built and depending on the level of exposure to wind and how well they are secured in place, they can be expected to provide a good few years of service and will age gracefully while still maintaining sturdiness.
Hazel fencing is coppiced, meaning the branches are cut only from new growth. The purpose is two-fold: to ensure that the branches or 'wands' are flexible and of reasonably uniform thickness, and to allow more growth for next year.
They can be cut easily to reduce the height by cutting the verticals and removing unrequired horizontals. The width can be reduced by carefully cutting to ensure that the horizontals don't become unwoven. Alternatively, overlap adjacent hurdles to reduce width.
Please Note: The height refers to the horizontal woven section - the vertical stakes sticking out at the top and bottom add up to an extra 6 inches.